The Experience to Protect Your Rights
Portland, Oregon, Workers' Compensation Lawyers
Employers are obligated by law to pay for medical care, lost wages and other losses from a work-related injury or illness. So why do you need an attorney?
From thousands of cases in west Oregon, we know that the insurance companies will shamelessly limit payouts or deny benefits entirely. Workers' compensation lawyers Peter O. Hansen and Evohl Malagon know all their tricks. Contact us as soon as possible to protect your rights in an adversarial system.
How Our Attorney Makes a Difference
(1) In Oregon, employers are only obligated to pay benefits for accepted conditions. The workers' compensation insurer will state in a letter what is covered, such as "lumbar low back strain." But what if you actually have a herniated disc or vertebra fracture? Our legal team can review your Notice of Claim Acceptance to determine if other conditions should be covered and to ensure clients receive all entitled benefits.
(2) A pre-existing condition can easily disqualify you for benefits. Under Oregon law, the employee must prove that work-related activity was the major contributing cause (51 percent or more) of injury or occupational disease, rather than heredity, a prior condition such as degenerative disc disease or age. Our knowledge and skill helps clients overcome this unreasonable burden of proof.
(3) We can determine if there are other claims for compensation beyond the limited benefits of workers' compensation. It could be an equipment manufacturer, construction subcontractor or in rare cases a lawsuit against your employer.
(4) We obtain additional documentation or independent medical opinions to appeal a denied claim. Our attorneys are very familiar with Oregon's administrative review process, from the hearing to the Workers' Compensation Board, the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
(5) The other side often has insurance defense lawyers reviewing your file and advising the claims adjuster how to protect their interests. They are working to deny coverage, reduce benefits or force you back to work prematurely. You need to fight fire with fire — an Oregon workers' compensation lawyer with extensive experience in this complex, technical and constantly changing field.
Sooner Is Better — Call Now for a Free Consultation
The Law Offices of Hansen Malagon does not get paid unless we secure your workers' compensation benefits. The earlier we get involved, the better we can help. Our fees are the same whether you call us the day of your injury or after your claim is denied. Call 503-821-7934 or 866-661-8679. We have offices in Portland, Gresham/Clackamas, Salem or Eugene/Springfield.